Chris Miller, Director at Strategic Advisors, has more than twenty years of experience in the areas of business valuation, consulting, litigation support and forensic accounting. His expertise covers a wide range of services including business valuations for sales, purchases, strategic planning, gift and estate taxes, and impairment testing; discounted cash flow forecasting, M&A analysis, financial modeling and other consulting services; expert witness damage calculations; and various advisory services. Chris has honed these skills working with both public and private companies in a broad range of industries including construction, manufacturing, non-profit organizations, professional services, retail and others. With a widespread and strong skillset, Chris offers great value to the team. In addition, Chris oversees various responsibilities, including staff training and supervision, resource management, firm continuing education, process improvements and best practices, among others.
Prior to joining Strategic Advisors, Chris was a Manager with the Pittsburgh office of BDO USA, LLP (formerly Alpern Rosenthal). Chris holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accounting from Clarion University, Pennsylvania where he was a member of the Dean’s List, Honor’s Program, and President’s Student Advisory Counsel. He also served in various leadership roles including President of Tau Beta Sigma (band service organization), Vice President of the Accounting Club, and section leader of marching band percussion section.
Education and Certifications
• Clarion University, B.S.B.A., Accounting (with Honors), 2001
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Pennsylvania, 2003
• Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2008
• Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), 2008
• AICPA Top Young CPA in Forensic and Valuation Services, 2016
• PICPA Young Leaders Award, 2014
Professional and Community Development
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Active Member
• Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountant (PICPA), Active Member
• Ohio Valley Community Marching and Concert Band
• Memorial Park Church Worship Music Team
Chris resides in Ross Township with his wife, Jen. When he is not working, he enjoys spending quality time with family and friends as well as hiking, traveling and church activities.