Pitchbook: The Evolution of Liquidity
Liquidity is the lifeblood of financial markets. For players in private markets, it is perhaps even more so, and yet is much more complicated to achieve. Illiquidity is a hallmark of alternative investments. But it is not just the relative infrequency of liquidity for private funds that complicates matters; rather, even the method of achieving liquidity can be difficult, as there have typically been only so many options for managers to exit holdings. As a result, predicting liquidity trends is complicated, especially considering the protracted life cycles of private funds. Over the past several years, however, a handful of key trends have emerged amid the general liquidity landscape that suggest private markets players of all types are opening their minds to new ways of realizing value from their investments. Read more here.
Regional Merger and Acquisition News:
- Circle Bolt and Nut Company of Kingston, PA is acquired by Optimas OE Solutions Holdings.
- Tekni-Plex, Inc. acquires Oracle Packaging Businesses.
- PNC Provides Financing for JD Sports’ acquisition of The Finish Line.
- Evoqua Water Technologies is buying ProAct Services.
- Flyers Energy acquires Quick Fuel Automated Fueling Network.
Middle Market News: