This newsletter features a Pitchbook article offering a lender’s perspective of private equity in the middle market.
The U.S. private equity middle market finished 2017 with a record $338 billion in deal value and 2,381 deals closed, according to Pitchbook. First quarter results continue to show transaction count rising, although total deal value dropped 40 percent on a quarter-to-quarter basis. Although it is far too early to understand its significance, the downturn in deal value does highlight underlying trends that lenders to middle market private equity firms have been tracking for some time. Read more here.
Regional Merger and Acquisition News:
- PennSpring Capital acquires PSST, LLC
- Loftus Engineers Acquired by McKim & Creed
- Celli-Flynn Brennan Bought by Buchart Horn
- PennEnergy Resources Acquires Rex Energy Assets
- CNX Resources and Hess Sell Utica Shale Gas Interests to Ascent Resources
- Two Local Hotels Bought by Neema Hospitality
- Main Street Capital Holdings Buys W&W Dairy
- WesBanco Acquires Farmers Capital
- Black Box Sells Federal IT Division to Arlington Capital
- Prism Spectrum Holdings Acquires Copper Environmental Consulting
- Eclipse Resources to Merge with Blue Mountain
Middle Market News: