This newsletter features a Pitchbook article describing eager strategic buyers as the “barbarians at the gate” of assets they want.
Classifying PE firms as barbarians implies they can raid and conquer at will. There was a tinge of truth to that in the 1980s, but it’s a laughable argument in today’s market. As any investor will tell you, the closest thing to a barbarian these days is an eager strategic buyer. When strategics want an asset in the current market, PE firms aren’t going to be able to outbid them. Read more here.
Regional Merger and Acquisition News:
- Party City Acquires 16 Franchise Stores in Pennsylvania
- PNC Mezzanine Invests in CR Fitness Holdings
- KMS Acquired by Reliance Steel & Aluminum
- Wabtec Takes Minority Stake in Rajant
- Beynon Insurance Merging with Exchange Underwriters
- Selinsky Force Acquired by Barnhart Crane
- Armstrong World Acquires Steel Ceilings
Middle Market News: